WARRANT MERCHANDISE

Warrant Acct Login

Please log in and start rocking with all things Warrant

Warrant Fans Unite

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Welcome to the Warrant Fan forum! Chat with the band and other Warrant fans !
Take a minute to set up a user account and start rocking with Warrant. Band members will personally answer any of your questions.
Go to bottom

TOPIC: The Yokos of the world

girlyguitarfiend
Educating the riff-deprived, one person at a time
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female girlyguitarfiend xxguitarfiendxx football_sweetie21@hotmail.com Location: BFE, Wyoming Birthday: 06/20
The Yokos of the world 3 Years ago Karma: 0
While pondering my options last night, I realized that, given the opportunity to ask the pros advice, I should probably take it. Here's the short, sweet, to the point version: I need this dude to be my drummer. I need to convince his wife before that's going to happen. What's it going to take?

The Details

So I'm -really- close to having a band again for the first time in two years. Living in a small town, the number of musicians who are worth their weight is pretty low, and those who actually want to play classic/hard rock is even fewer. This will be my first *rock* band (versus metal or ska, which I've done for stints in the past), so I'm really pretty excited about it.

I FINALLY found a drummer. He's really good, wants to play the same kinds of music, and best of all, he has more experience than the rest of the members and could really help fill in the blanks my inexperience leaves. I finally got the chance to ask him if he wanted to do it, and his face lit up like a kid in a candy store.

The problem is his wife. I don't know much about the chick, but I do know how this whole band thing is going to go over when he brings it up. Let me give you an example: drummer dude LOVES KISS. Like, crazy, insane, rabid, collected everything they ever released KISS fan here. When they got married, she told him he had to sell it because "he needed to grow up". (Don't get me wrong, I hate KISS with a firey passion. That doesn't mean that everyone around me isn't allowed to like them either, though.) That's what we're dealing with here, people. As it is, the fact that I'm a girl is going to strongly hurt our case. I'm also married, but I don't think she's going to care. I don't want to give up on him because I can tell he wants this as badly as I do, and a rock drummer is rare besides.

It's not like I'm looking to make it big or anything, for the record. This is going to be for fun. If something comes of it, great. If not, whatever. I don't know that I'm made of the right stuff to handle that sort of thing, anyways. I just want to play live again. So what do I do, boys? You've managed to keep your shit more or less together for quite a while, now. What're my odds, here?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top