WARRANT MERCHANDISE

Warrant Acct Login

Please log in and start rocking with all things Warrant

Warrant Fans Unite

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Warrant Fans: The Next Generation
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Welcome to the Warrant Fan forum! Chat with the band and other Warrant fans !
Take a minute to set up a user account and start rocking with Warrant. Band members will personally answer any of your questions.
Go to bottom

TOPIC: Warrant Fans: The Next Generation

girlyguitarfiend
Educating the riff-deprived, one person at a time
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female girlyguitarfiend xxguitarfiendxx football_sweetie21@hotmail.com Location: BFE, Wyoming Birthday: 06/20
Warrant Fans: The Next Generation 2 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Anyone else here younger than the band itself? My parents weren't even dating when Warrant was formed. Sorry, guys.

Good music started for me when I was 13. Directly before said discovery, Linkin Park had released "Crawling", and, in my mind, I was such a rebel for listening to them. Of course, my dad did what any humane parent would do. He took me out on a drive, and showed me what "Linkin Park was in his day". I will never forget the first time I heard "Back In The Saddle" by Aerosmith, because that was the song that was the end of Linkin Park for me.

I sometimes wonder if my dad ever regrets that moment, because ever since, I've been systematically discovering good music and cramming it down his throat. Warrant was one of those bands. After I moved out, I started screwing around on Youtube and ran across "Down Boys". I had the same reaction that any rational woman would have: "Oh my God. I. WANT. That guy's. PANTS!" ("That guy", unbeknownst to me at the time, being Jani Lane.)

Not long after, I bought the Greatest Hits, and of course, recognized a few of the singles I'd heard on the classic rock station. I instantly fell in love with the riffs, the power, the lyrics, and especially Jani. I literally played scratches into my CD.

I probably had the following conversation about 50 times with my dad after that:

Me: Dad. Just listen. To the album. I can guarantee you, you don't know what you're missing.
Dad: I've heard Cherry Pie.
Me: -fuming- THEY. ARE NOT. THE CHERRY PIE GUYS. THEY. ARE. WARRANT. UNCLE TOM'S CABIN. NOW.
Dad: I've heard Heaven, too.
Me: -explodes into a burning pile of sadness at her father's ignorance-

Finally, karma came back around and I pulled the same tactic on him: I started the song in my car without telling him who wrote it. Naturally, he started jamming out, and before long, my moment of truth came:

Dad: Who is this?
Me: IT'S WARRANT, DAD. WARRANT. I TOLD YOU THAT YOU LIKED THEM.

Yup. I won.

Anyway, I guess the point that I started with is that great music spans generations, and Warrant is, in fact, great music. I know from seeing Warrant in Reno (which is a ten hour drive from here...no big deal) that I may be on the younger end of the spectrum, but I'm sure that I'm not alone. Surely I'm not the only lovestruck 23 year old left that still cries over Jani, that breaks down every time she hears "Heaven" and got the lyrics tattooed around her ankle for him. I can't be the only one that knows every word to every song.

So...Warrant: TNG! Speak up!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top